Milestones in Autonomous Mental Development (AMD).
- April 2004: The creation of AMD Newsletter, published by AMD Technical
Committee of the IEEE Computational Intelligence Society. It is the
first serial publication dedicated to AMD.
- Feb. 2004: The creation of the Autonomous Mental Development Technical Committee of the IEEE Computational Intelligence
Society. It is the first technical committee on AMD.
- June 12 - 15, 2002: ICDL, the first series of open conferences
dedicated to autonomous mental development for machines and humans was held
in MIT, USA. It was named 2nd ICDL after WDL.
- September 17-18, 2001: EpiRob, the first workshop of the series of International Workshop on Epigenetic Robotics,
was held in Lund, Sweden
- April 5 - 7, 2000: WDL, the first workshop dedicated to Autonomous Mental Development
(AMD) for machines and humans was held in Michigan State University,
USA. Developmental psychology and neural science have been studying
cognitive development for humans and animals. This is the first
workshop dedicated to mental development for both machines and higher
animals. It has also an emphasis on computational understanding
of mental development.